Join the Challenge
The 365 Pizza Box Challenge!
Pizza takeout, curbside and delivery service is booming and represents the largest market share of pizza industry revenue. This year we’re introducing the Pizza Expo 365 Pizza Box Challenge. We are in search of the world’s ultimate pizza box. If you think you’ve got the best of the best, now’s your chance to prove it. Is your box part of your success story? What sets your box apart from your competition? Is it an integral part of your marketing plan? How does it help drive sales? Innovative operators continue to push the envelope in search of a better pizza box, now’s your chance.
Here are a few trends:
- Promoting health and other nutritional benefits of your pizza and other menu items, such as using ingredients that are locally sourced, organic or that have other healthy qualities.
- Incorporating QR codes into artwork that will direct your customers to a landing page where they can access coupons, specials, new products, giveaways, social media and more.
- Emphasize that your pizza box is environmentally friendly and made of recyclable materials.
- Use your pizza box to tell your story or emphasize menu items, charitable causes and/or community involvement.
CHALLENGE PRIZES: Two Chances to Win!
The winner of the Pizza Box challenge chosen by Scott Wiener and the “People’s Choice” award will receive:
Up to four (4) registrations to Pizza Expo 2021
A Pizza365 Plaque
Recognition on both the Pizza Today Weekly Newsletter & Website
Deadline to enter is May 18th!
- Contest participation is open only to pizzeria or Italian restaurant owners or operators, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Pizza Expo 365, Pizza Today or Pizza Expo employees and their family members are not eligible, nor are employees or representatives of advertisers, exhibitors, other suppliers to the industry or their affiliates.
- The contest is limited to the first 50 completed entry forms received.
- Photo and description are required to be a complete entry. Only one entry per establishment will be accepted.
- The 395 Pizza Box Challenge contest will be open for entries beginning at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on Thursday, April 22, 2021 and will close at 11:59 P.M. PST on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 ("Entry Period"). “People’s Choice” voting will take place from Saturday, May 22, 2021 to Thursday, May 25, 2021 at Midnight. The overall winner and “People’s Choice” winner will be announced at 2 P.M. on Friday, May 26, 2021. All entries become the property of Pizza Expo 365 and will not be acknowledged or returned. The winner of the Pizza Box challenge and the “People’s Choice” award will receive up to four (4) registrations to Pizza Expo 2021 and a plaque.
Founder of Scott’s Pizza Tours & holder of the 2013 Guinness World Records largest pizza box collection.
Scott Wiener is the founder of Scott’s Pizza Tours in New York City, bringing his infectious love for all things pizza to more than 40,000 guests since 2008. He also writes the “Man on the Street” column for Pizza Today magazine and has been featured talking about top pizzerias on CBS “Sunday Morning,” the Travel Channel, the Food Network and in various national publications. Scott will be leading a Las Vegas Pizza Tour on Wednesday of Pizza Expo Week.